Gestrenol tablets for female cats
Gestrenol tablets for female cats
Gestrenol is an effective and contraceptive drug that is used for cats for estrus control. The drug has been developed specifically for cats. Gestrenol takes into consideration the physiology of animal organisms.
Drug description and action
- It is an effective decision of all the problems associated with the estrus. Gestrenol suppresses sexual arousal, regulates the sexual arousal, and prevents unwanted pregnancy of female cats.
- Safe to use. Gestrenol is a bi-hormonal drug that contains two analogs of natural sex hormones. Compared with monohormonal drugs, the concentration of an actual substance in Gestrenol tablets is reduced by 50 times. All of the above allows achieving maximum efficacy with minimal effect on the animal organism.
Gestrenol is better than cat castrationThe use of Gestrenol is the better way for estrus control than castration. The usage of the drug excludes surgical interference, which allows the animal to have offspring in the future. reproductive function Complete restoration of reproductive function in Pet's occurs in 2-3 months after the drug is discontinued
Gestrenol contains catnip
Gestrenol is the only contraceptive drug, which contains catnip. This ingredient was included to attract cats. The catnip facilitates the process of taking the drug.
Mechanism of action
The effect of the drug is based on a combination of two ingredients: mepregenol propionate and ethinyl estradiol. Mepregenol propionate, acting as a progestogen, affects the secretory activity of the hypothalamus, blocking the production of gonadotropin-releasing hormone. This drug stops the synthesis of folliculotropin and luteotropin by the pituitary gland in female cats' bodies. Due to this, the development of follicles in the ovaries and their ovulation, as well as the production of female sex hormones, is slowed down. Prevention of unwanted pregnancy is provided by the combined effect of mepregenol propionate and ethinyl estradiol on the physiological state of the uterus. The mucoviscosity of the uterine cervix increased, which inhibits the mobility of spermatozoa; and changes in the endometrium of the uterus prevent the implantation of a fertilized ovum. The use of the drug contributes to the improvement of undesirable behaviour (loud partner calls, etc.). The combined action of the two active drug ingredients has allowed to reduce the amount of hormones by 50 times. All of the above ensures the safety of use and at the same time increases the effectiveness of the drug.
1 tablet contains:
- Mepregenol Propionate – 0,15 mg
- Ethinyl estradiol – 0,0015 mg
Recommendations on storage and expiration date
Store the drug with caution in the manufacturer's packaging, in a place protected from direct sunrays and moisture, inaccessible to children and animals, separately from Foods and Feeds at a temperature of from 0° C to 25° C. Expiration date: 3 years from the date of production.
The drug is contraindicated for animals who have not reached sexual maturity, as well as for pregnant and lactating female cats. Contraindicated in urolithiasis, diabetes mellitus, neoplasms of various nature, pathological status of the reproductive system of infectious or non-infectious origin. It is contraindicated to use the drug intended for males in females and vice versa due to a different endocrine profile of the animals. The drug is canceled when hypersensitivity symptoms appear.
Blister, 5 tablets. 2 blisters per pack.
Instructions Gestrenol tablets for female cats.pdfDownload instruction
- At the beginning of the estrus - 1-2 tablets for 3-5 days
- To maintain the calming effect – 1 tablet per week monthly
- To prevent unwanted pregnancy - within 24 hours after mating in a dose of 2 tablets at a time, after 24 hours repeat the procedure